Sunday, April 1, 2012

Lucky In Love :: Brian & Christine :: Married St. Patrick's Day 2012

Dustin and I had the pleasure of shooting Brian and Christine's wedding on St. Patrick's Day.  I would assume that when planning a wedding in Southern California weather isn't usually a factor--it's always sunny in California, right?  Not this day.  But, everybody says that it's good luck if it rains on your wedding day, and if that's the case Brian and Christine have a whole lot of luck going in to their marriage, because it POURED rain on their big day!  As if rain wasn't enough there were also high wind warnings.  Dustin and I drove carefully down the Cajon pass with our hazzards on most of the way.  The rainy day obviously removed any hope of natural lighting portraits of the wedding party, and on top of that the clouds kept any hope of sunlight through the stained glass windows away, making the already dark church even darker.  But, all obstacles aside, we had a wonderful day capturing moments with this fun family.  They totally rolled with all of mother nature's punches and didn't seem to let it get to them.  Below are my favorites from the pre-ceremony & ceremony.  The formals, reception pics, and a few more portraits will be in the next post--I just couldn't wait any longer to share these!  FYI: these photos are a mix of mine and Dustin's.



Groom & Best Man

Patiently waiting...

 






Watching his bride come down the aisle.
















This one may be my favorite of the day... I absolutely love it!

4 comments:

  1. Those pictures are so nice!! And yes i agree with you, the the last one is my favorite, the lighting is so beautiful. And I love the lighting on the close up of them kissing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ruben! Funny thing about that kiss picture... it was somewhat of an outtake at first. While we were photographing the kiss so was everybody else, and they were all popping their flashes off left and right. This was one where somebody else's flash fired exactly when Dustin's camera fired. At first it looked washed out, but with a little tweaking it actually worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Amazing!! ^...^ all photos are wow amazing !!
    Ramon Arroyo
    per 1
    04/10/12

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ramon! Glad you liked them :)

    ReplyDelete