Sunday, July 3, 2011

More Traffic = More Money :: SEO for your Blog

I was recently checking out a blog that I've been following for a about a year now--Rachel Clare Photography. I absolutely love her style of photography. You should check her out. Anyway, I was noticing again how she titles her blog posts--always a simple title followed by the location followed by the word photographer or child photographer or wedding photographer, etc. For example: "Bryce & Lora :: Married! - Orange County, CA Wedding Photographer." I've always thought the titles were a bit peculiar and wordy, but when I started to think about a little thing called Search Engine Optimization (SEO) I realized how brilliant they were. Since several of my followers are up and coming professional photographers I thought I'd post a little bit about this topic.

I'm no expert by far, but I know that in order to make money off of photography people have to find out about you and what you do. A blog or website is a great way to do that, but how do you get people to visit? How do you get search engines like Google to show your site when someone is searching for a photographer? I hunted around and found an article that I think does a good job of answering these questions. If you'd like to increase traffic to your blog I think it'd make for a helpful read.

SEO Tips for the Professional Photographer

No comments:

Post a Comment