Wednesday, February 16, 2011

February Brag Post - Ruben Tinajero

Talk about perfect timing--Only about a week left in February (and therefore time for my Brag Post) and Ruben Tinajero goes and kicks butt in a DP Challenge! Definitely brag-worthy : )

Ruben has been impressing everybody with his work all year long. What can I say? His photography is just plain awesome. When he comes into class every day it seems like he's always got something new--new pictues he wants me to look at, a new camera or lens he's thinking about buying, or a new technique he's perfected. It's become something I look forward to each day : ) It challenges me to stay up-to-date and informed. One of my favorites among Ruben's work is his Homelessness Documentary Part I and Part II. The photographs are amazing and the effort and guts that went into locating, approaching, and photographing the high desert's homeless are commendable. More recently I liked his photo of the Disney Concert Hall.

Just the other day Ruben entered his first DP Challenge. The contest theme was Leading Lines and Ruben's photo of the aqueduct and star trails placed 9th out of 119 entries! Here's a direct link to his photo in the contest.

**So Proud!!**

1 comment:

  1. the first one is the best. the first i like because of how i can see the purple sky.

    ReplyDelete