I thought this DIY Photography.net Tutorial sounded really interesting, especially since I've always wanted a ring flash. Honestly, it took about two hours to cut out and assemble the thing, and I'll admit it looks pretty ridiculous on the camera, but I do like the results. It softens all the shadows, eliminates glare, and gives that cool catch light in the eyes. This is my student, Jason.
Thursday, January 20, 2011
Homemade Paper Ring Flash
I thought this DIY Photography.net Tutorial sounded really interesting, especially since I've always wanted a ring flash. Honestly, it took about two hours to cut out and assemble the thing, and I'll admit it looks pretty ridiculous on the camera, but I do like the results. It softens all the shadows, eliminates glare, and gives that cool catch light in the eyes. This is my student, Jason.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
it did look pretty funny.....
ReplyDeleteLove it......
And the cropping ended up perfect....
That looks cool :) it looks like you had a macro lens.
ReplyDelete