Thursday, January 27, 2011

First Brag Post - Joey Aceves




"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it."
~Edith Wharton

I really like this quote, because while I do enjoy being the candle from time to time, as a teacher I get to be the mirror reflecting nearly 200 candles each year. And that is a lot of light. This post is about one particularly bright candle...

This is very long overdue (and I almost missed my deadline!) My student of the month for January is Joey Aceves, so it fits that he's the subject of my first Brag Post. At the beginning of the year Joey's awesomeness honestly caught me by surprise, because he didn't seem that interested in beginning photography. Since then he's continued to impress me with both his drive and the quality of his work. He's really taking his photography business seriously--he's invested in a whole bunch of nice equipment, his blog is professional looking and updated often, he's employed by a wedding planner, and is selling his work in a store in the mountains. It's hard to select a favorite photograph among his work, so I'll just say that I'm currently loving the Casa Romantica pics and the San Clemente Sunsets. If you haven't seen his stuff go check it out!

Sorry if I'm embarrassing you, Joey : )

1 comment:

  1. Aww Ms. V your too nice! haha thank you so much I obviously couldnt have done any of it without YOU!

    ReplyDelete