Sunday, August 12, 2012
From the Vault : Bronchial Trees
I found these photos in an old box of pictures. I don't even know the last time I actually got prints made... the pictures I take these days just hang out on the internet and on my hard drive. These two were from a roll of black and white film, and I actually vaguely remember pulling over on the side of the road somewhere in Wisconsin to take these, becasue I was so taken with the shape of these trees. They remind me of lungs. It was an insteresting little investigation to try and figure out exactly where and when these were taken. "June 2005" was printed on the back--likely by whichever photo lab printed them. But, thinking back to June 2005 I was perplexed, because I was in New Mexico then (on my way to California.) What was also weird was the fact that the photos on the roll seemed to span about 6 months--starting with snowy trees, then these, then some spring-ish ones, and finally, some pics taken in New Mexico. I guess it's just strange to me now that I'm fully immersed in the digital world that it could take me that long to capture 24 exposures. It took me a minute to remember what that was like. But film was expensive! Patience was a must. I kind of miss those days. Anyway, I scanned the prints (they're a tiny bit pixelly, but I'm ok with it for now) and added a sepia tone in PS with the blending mode set to Soft Light.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I love the 1st one they look so creepy and awesome!!
ReplyDelete