Monday, February 13, 2012

From the Vault: Ashley & Dave's Wedding

I was recently asked about the possibility of shooting a wedding.  I realized that I don't have any examples of my wedding photography on here, but I have actually shot two weddings before.  The first was when I was about 18 years old.  It was for a friend and was shot completely on film with my Pentax K1000.  Thinking about that still makes me nervous... film!?  I don't even have those negatives anymore--after I got them developed I just gave them to my friend and she printed them.  This was before I began working with Photoshop, so the photos were completely unedited... yikes.  Then, in 2008, I flew back to Wisconsin to attend the wedding of one of my best friends--Ashley.  I was teaching photography by that time and had a digital camera, so I brought my camera along just for fun.  As it turned out Ashley and Dave's wedding photographer had a family emergency and couldn't make it.  They asked if I'd fill in, and of course I said I would.  I was pretty unprepared with only my 18-55mm lens, but I made do and ended up shooting a ton of photographs.  It was really fun, actually, because I was adopted as part of the wedding party, which meant that after the reception I got to go with everybody in the "Jambo"-- instead of a limosine they opted for an RV.  :)  Here are a select few of the photographs.

Getting ready...

 Exchanging rings... (it was so dark in the hall!)
 The wedding party...  I had seen this done before and this wedding party was so much fun I knew they'd be up for it.  This is probably one of my favorites.  It's in the style of Philippe Halsman's Jumpology... check it out.
 They ended up using this photo on their thank you cards.  So in love!
 Father and daughter
Like I said, this was a fun bunch of people to shoot...
 First dance...

No comments:

Post a Comment