One of my goals on this blog was to brag about my students on a regular basis. I was on a roll for a while, but the summer hiatus makes it kind of difficult. Now that we're back in the swing of things, and while we haven't done a whole lot yet, a few students are definitely brag-worthy already.
BEGINNING PHOTO: We recently finished up our history of photography projects, and this year I added the requirement that the projects be creative in addition to factual. There were quite a few really great projects including a delicious camera-shaped brownie (Kodak Brownie camera) and a very clever flipbook video that was worth waiting for. But the project that stands out from the rest is the one created by Jacob V. and Roberto P. from 6th period, who re-wrote and recorded the lyrics to Kanye West and Jay-Z's "Otis" to incorporate the events in photographic history. They actually managed to rhyme the word "collodion" (the substance used to coat early photographic negatives!) This is definitely a project I'll be keeping in my "Can You Believe How Awesome My Students Are?!?" file.
ADVANCED PHOTO: My September Student of the Month is Chelsea S. Right off the bat Chelsea has been impressing me with her style of photography and editing. Since she took beginning photo at anotehr school I'm getting to see her work for the first time this year, and it's really invogorating. The other thing that helped me choose Chelsea for SOTM is her dedication--she's always busy in class and I know she also does a lot of her work at home too, plus she asks questions. Sounds simple, but it's the mark of someone who genuinely wants to learn. I'm excited to get to see lots more of Chelsea's work this year! Plus we got free lunch last Friday including some delicious cheesecake... can't go wrong with that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment