Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My "Pastels II" Challenge Entry


Even though this is now my personal worst score on DPC (70th out of 157 entries) I'm still glad I entered. I'm not a big fan of pastels, so it was a challenge for me, but that's the point. The other and more difficult challenge to overcome was the fact that we had family visiting from WI and MN the whole time the challenge was going on, so I didn't have a lot of time to shoot or edit. The day the challenge closed we went to the LA Zoo with my mom and step-dad, and that's where I shot this flower. Dustin gets the credit for pointing it out to me and holding it steady for the shot :) It's an HDR, and much more vibrant than it should probably have been for a pastel challenge, but this is how it looked after merging the three exposures, so I left it.

No comments:

Post a Comment